Home

Excessive road noise from tires

Free 2-day Shipping On Millions of Items. No Membership Fee. Shop Now Once tires are installed on a vehicle, there is much that can go wrong, leading to excessive noise. Abnormal tire wear, such as feathering or cupping, can be caused by alignment or suspension problems. Once the tread surface is no longer smooth, the tires will generate more noise It happens when compressed air is trapped under the tire in the gaps between the tread pattern. As the air escapes from the tread it causes the popping noise. The worst tires for this type of noise are tires with big tread blocks, off-road tires are particularly bad for creating this sort of noise

Excessive tire noise can be caused by a number of different factors: the sound of your car tire tread contacting the road surface air being compressed inside the grooves of the tread- the larger the tread, the more air volume, the noisier the tire the malfunction of the front wheel bearing The most dangerous irregular wear pattern, noise-wise, is cupping, as it causes the tire to vibrate heavily. In the case of uneven wear, only one tire may produce excessive sound. This makes it easier to detect the issue and solve it. Once you notice any of the patterns, make sure to determine and fix the cause, rotating the tires afterwards If your car gives out loud tire noise at highway then there could be two main reasons for it. One is normal, and another is an abnormal reason. Normal reasons include tire features, road conditions, and driving styles. Abnormal reasons are tire pressure difference, wheel bearing damage, worn out CV joints, lack of tire rotation, etc tire noise after rotation can be a noise from your car tires due alignment issues One of the possible reasons why your tire is making such noise after rotation is the excessive tightening of the wheel when you did the final lug. It's always advisable to never over tighten your car tires Wheel bearing wear and tear can happen for a variety of reasons we'll look at in a minute. A bad wheel bearing sound is usually a loud hum coming from that wheel sort of like loud road noise from bad tires. A similar noise can come from worn bearings in your transmission or even a low transmission fluid level

Tires at Walmart® - Save On Quality Tire

1. Over the past couple of trips in my car, which is a 2002 Kia Sedona Mini Van with 149.000 miles on it, it appears to me that the sound of my tires on my front appears to be louder then they have been since I had the car. Back in Feb I had to replace the driver side front wheel with a new tire, but the passanger side is the original tire from purchase of van and isn't in bad condition from.
  2. This video shows the difference between wheel bearing noise and tire noise, wheel bearing noise sounds like a low growl, and a tire with flat spots will slap..
  3. Tire cavity noise is created by the reverberation of air present in the tire under rotation. This noise often filters into the car's internal structure and causes discomfort for occupants. The NCS soaks up the tire cavity noise and ensures the tires (and cabin) are as quiet as possible
  4. Moreover, it is responsible for excessive road noise from tires. Damaged wheel bearings also cause noise from your tires. Wheel bearings are responsible for your friction-free ride. Wheel bearings connect the tire and wheel. It gives the tire and wheel to rotate smoothly. Any kind of damage in wheel bearings can produce loud tire noise at.
  5. Joined Nov 9, 2012. ·. 661 Posts. #8 · May 31, 2016. I feel your pain. I had 12.5 wide Duratracs on my last Jeep, and by 30k miles they were so loud it was hard to talk to your passenger at 45mph on certain road tops. It basically made driving topless/doorless intolerable. I replaced them just because of the noise
NITTO® TERRA GRAPPLER Tires

That may cause noise problems and a lack of traction. It may also just be a section of road that is in bad condition and other cars/tires encounter the same noise. I've been on some freeways where they grind off the road in preparation for new asphalt and the noise level (in any car) is very high Around 50 miles per hour or so, wind noise becomes excessive. It is a little bit better than windows opened. Around 65 milers per hour, the tire/road noise is so excessive that I can't hear the radio. In general, Japanese cars are noisier than domestics, but this is too much noise

Common Causes of Tire Noise and How to Fix The

1. What you could do is rotate your tires front to rear and see if the proper remains in the front or follows the tires. That's the easy way to pinpoint whether or not the tires are the culprit
  2. I mean, tires are going to have an impact on road noise, but only to a certain extent. I'm sure the OEM tires aren't great for road noise, but I wouldn't expect a night and day difference just from a tire swap. It really just needs more noise insulation material in the door panel
  3. ing the cause of loud tire noise on a road is possible by noting the specifics of the noise
  4. Re: excessive road noise.2016 ls. The road noise might be the tires on the LS. I have a LT (pretty quiet) but have driven around a LS several times. The FT140s on the LS are sensitive to road type. If you drive on a coarse road (like one that has had worthless cake seal) they are really loud in the rear
Droning/Humming Noise from Tires - Beyond

How To Quiet Noisy Tires: 4 Types Of Tire Noise Explained

My Tires are Loud When I Drive Car Care Tips Wiygul

1. utes of the mechanic test drive he said the wheel bearings are bad
  2. Because I have just changed vehicles from a 4 Runner to a Tacoma but mounted the same winter tires I had before on the 4Runner, they sound noisier in my now down graded vehicle with less insulation. Hondas are noted in most years to have excessive road noise in the cabin
  3. I drive it back and forth to work. Took it to the beach (500 miles) and back. On the way back I started getting excessive 'road noise' from the rear. I thought that maybe it was a broken belt in the tire. When you would slitely turn the front wheels to the left it would ease the noise. The tires are relatively new (purchased in Dec)

Why Do My Car Tires Sound Loud

Loud Tire Noise at Highway Speeds: Caution Alert! Car

In addition to road noise caused by the surface or tires I experienced a resonance at highway speeds in 6th gear that I found more irritating than the normal road noise. I found changing the headers made this noise go away. First the e-bay headers than the AWE headers. Both did the job Loud tire noises on a road can be caused by many factors including: aggressive tread, bad alignment and balance, bent wheels, damaged struts or wheel bearings. Determining the cause of loud tire noise on a road is possible by noting the specifics of the noise. If the loud noise is only coming from one tire, it could mean that tire is worn down. You may hear roaring sounds coming from your wheel and though those sounds may seem like excessive road noise, it's best to get it checked out. Additionally, your vehicle is going to shake. It's going to feel like you've replaced all of your seats with massage chairs. You may also notice that your tires are wearing down very unevenly Tackle tire noise as easily as possible so that there is no security risk or a sign of a bigger problem. Lastly, noise pollution has become a global program. Road noises are increasing day by day. What we need is awareness. If your tire creates excessive noise that could be harmful to others as well as you also so, if you are searching for an. Two springs ago, after using my first set of winter tires and switching back to my all-seasons, I noticed louder-than-normal road noise coming from the front when the car is in motion

Why is My Car Making a Tire Noise After Rotation - CAR

1. On smooth freeways, no problem. On any road with other than a very smooth surface, the road noise is excessive. I turn my radio up to compensate. Just getting ready to post and ask if the stock tires are a sound transmitter or generator. Love my FE but the road noise is affecting an otherwise great experience. Trace-
  2. g from the rear for some time. My local mechanic looked at it and suggested wheel balance because it looked like rear passenger tire was wearing unevenly and thought it might be the source of road noise. It looks like he was partially right
  3. Road force balancers, in addition to traditional balancing tires, is to measure both the tire and wheel by pressing a big roller against the spinning tire's tread. The roller applies 1,200-1,400pound (0.64 ton) pressure to simulate the vehicle's weight on the tire as it rolls down the road

This is called cupping and happens if the vehicle suspension system is not working properly. This causes the vehicle to bounce, which leads to excessive wear on the parts of the tire that hit the ground as the vehicle bounces. The dips in the surface cause the tires to run unevenly on the road, generating a loud noise What is the cause of excessive tire noise? Here are three possibilities to consider: Abnormal tire wear, such as feathering or cupping, can be caused by alignment and suspension problems. In turn, feathering and cupping generate noise because the tread surface is no longer smooth. It would be a waste of your money to buy new tires unless you. Joined Apr 1, 2019. ·. 5,664 Posts. #9 · 11 mo ago. mackd08 said: I have a 2020 CR-V EX-L that I bought in May. It has the Hankook Kinergy GT tires on it. I notice an excessive amount of road noise on most roads. I am not sure if its these tires or lack of sound deadening material on the vehicle Just purchased a 2010 1500 Texas Edition 4X4 Crew cab truck with 30K Has GoodYear Eagle LS-2 m&s P275/55 R20 tires and the road noise is deafning at times. Sounds like a window not all up with the tire noise. Is the worst on the new seal coated highway that has the large gravel. Was wondering about the cab back vents? Tires are good, must have.

Mine started with road noise at about 9,000 miles. Also, had an alignment check 2 weeks ago and no problems at all.<br><br>Just put on the Continental LX20s, but I am not going to review them until I have at least 10,000 miles. Pirelli wouldn't warranty because the tires were at 3/32, not 2/32 Excessive Tire/Road Noise - 20 BD. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts. GPSnV1 · Registered. Joined Aug 10, 2004 · 308 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Sep 26, 2011. The whining and other irritating noises from the 20 Bridgestone Duelers on my 2008 4.8i is beyond belief.. Excessive road noise on highway at all speeds to 70mph. Tires have been rotated per Goodyear recomendations. Goodyear said it is normal. I'am very unhappy with the excessive tire noise. Jim Bystak Reply. 2 Votes. Cancel Submit. Ke Kelly Mitchell Dec 02, 2008. This comment was posted b Here are a few problems that can cause tire noises. Uneven wear is a leading cause of tire noises because contact between the road and uneven tires isn't uniform. The unbalanced tread depths cause tires to emit loud noises while driving. Usually, you'll hear sounds caused by uneven wear coming from one tire

Need help! Unknown issue causing excessive tire wear! Rudy97: 3rd gen T4Rs: 16: 06-03-2013 02:41 PM: Tire road noise not caused by tire?? timmaayyx: 4th Gen T4Rs: 9: 05-07-2012 09:54 AM: Gen4 with front end noise/hum/buzz: rkm: 4th Gen T4Rs: 4: 06-09-2010 10:36 AM: Excessive outter tire wear on 85 4-Runner: Sidney: Classic T4Rs: 3: 11-29-2004. One thing about driving we hate excessive road noise. Makes it hard to have conversations, listen to radio, etc. We finally had reason to replace the stock.. Road force balancers, in addition to performing a traditional spin balance, measure both the wheel and tire by pressing a large roller against the tread of the spinning tire. The roller applies 1,200 to 1,400 pounds of pressure to simulate the weight of the vehicle on the tire as it rolls down the road

The 2017 Honda Accord has 4 problems reported for excessive noise from tires. Average repair cost is $310 at 31,100 miles January 2010 edited September 2014. in INFINITI. Just leased a 2010 EX-35, as superb a vehicle as I assumed it would be --- remarkable performance, looks inside and outside, and very comfortable. One problem though: the road noise is higher than it should be. Whether it's due to the engine or the Michelin tires I can't say 88 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · Jun 8, 2010. My wife and I drove our C5 conv up to the Blue Ridge Parkway this past sunday afternoon. The Vette has always has some rear noise since we've had it, but it seemed a little louder this time. I've had a 68,69,71,72,95, and now this 01. They all picked up road noise, but this 01 seems to be the. The tire, noise maker. Sounds are situated within the audible range (20 to 20 000Hz). In addition to different types of road surface, speed, temperature and tire/vehicle pairing, the tire itself creates noise: • The tread blocs successively hitting the road surface lead to rhythmic percussion. A tread design made up of short, repetitive patterns will generate a whine Excessive Road Noise. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 9 of 9 Posts. M I only have around 2k miles on the Goodyear Walmart tires and I am extremely happy with the ride and lack of tire noise. I have gone through 2 sets of the General Altimax Arctic tires. Good tire wear and traction, but noisy

i understand the all season tires are quite a bit louder than the summer tires. there are ways to add sound deadening to quiet road and tire noise though. the 8th gen civic site has many sound deadening threads that might be of interest. the civic is an economy car and not a mercedes or bmw or even acura.Honda kinda skimps on the sound deadening on the civics The 2015 Honda Accord has 3 problems reported for excessive noise from tires. Average repair cost is $700 at 23,200 miles 2008 Ford Escape XLT 4wd, excessive tire noise on continental contitrac tires, size 235/70/r16. Rotated at proper mileage throughout the lifetime of the car, now has 35000k on it. This should be a tire recall do to the amount of people that seem to have this same issue

I have 2010 Ford Edge SE with 72K I have the same issue. At first seemed like just a slight more road noise so I thought is may be the tires. I replace all four tires about 2 month ago, but now the noise is getting louder. After reading all these post I guess I am going to have to replace the rear wheel bearings I too have noticed my new Civic has slightly higher road noise than say, my 2010 Chevy Equinox AWD which is exceptionally quiet. I assumed it was due to differences in sound dampening, but then again, coincidence or not, I'm running the 'Nox on Goodyear Confortred's as mentioned above and Michellin Latutude Touring before that Has anyone experienced excessive road noise?? It seems to me much worse in the morning when you first start out. Not sure I'm happy with that. Not enough sound deading I guess. It also bounces when you leave it for a few days and first start out. Feels like the tires are square Uncommon Tire Noise. The most common cause of excessive tire noise is road hazards. When you experience a flat tire or a blowout, you will immediately notice a change in the tire noise. During a blowout, you will hear a loud popping noise which you will feel in the changed handling. Damaged tires are the result of many road hazards like: Potholes

ST145/12 Carlisle Radial Trail RH Trailer Tire

Actually cross shopping the Hyundai Tuscon we found to have more tire noise. After owning Honda cars since 2002 this CRV is the first without objectionable road noise. 2000 Odyssey, 2003 Accord, 2006 Odyssey, 2008 Accord, 2010 Pilot all had elevated levels of road noise above competitors. The 2010 Pilot was by far the worst with the truck tires Wider tires can affect handling and steering response and cause more road noise. Increasing both the width and height will decrease fuel efficiency. And the bigger you go, the more money you'll. Does anyone else seem to have excessive road or tire noise from your new TLX? The OEM tires are Michelin Primacy A/S 255/40R 19

This is because, the excessive weight is passed on to the tires and as you drive, the air pressure between the treads can be high; hence, the loud noise. Uneven tread wear is another thing to suspect for causing road noise There are a few reasons that contribute to loud tire hum: abnormal tire wear, tire damage, tire scuffing, etc. Uneven tire wear is the most common cause of humming noise from the tires. Weak rear shocks (particularly on front-wheel-drive vehicles), wheel alignment issues, improper tire pressure, and other issues can all contribute to this problem

Types of road noise due to tires: Although there are great variations in the noise produced by different tires, there are some characteristic sounds that indicate the same underlying cause. Here are some frequently encountered types of road noise caused by tires: 1. The constant hum: After a certain degree of wearing, tires begin to produce a hum Excessive road noise coming from the tires.... Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 10 of 10 Posts. H. HyeLude · Registered. Joined Oct 29, 2002 · 216 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Jun 26, 2004. The suspension is a bit stiff and the road noise is a bit excessive. I am thinking about replacing the tires - 245/50/r17 currently have the Michelin Pilot MXV4. The tread left is still decent, but do you think i'd get a noticeable noise difference if I replace them with the primacy MXV4

If the noise becomes worse the faster you drive, then it's almost certainly a bad wheel bearing. If the noise remains the same, then the issue may be the tires instead. The noise may be the result of an under-inflated tire or improperly aligned tires. These issues cause part of the tires (or one tire) to be scrubbing on the pavement I recently replaced my original tires, after 35,000 miles with a set of Yokahama. Geo A/T's, based on several good reviews on this forum. After about 800 miles, I notice very loud road noise, almost like a whirling airplane propeller. Tire dealer said the tire wear suggested my struts needed replacing, Honda dealer said struts were fine Discussion Starter · #20 · Apr 8, 2015. NON-RunFlats definitely helped. OK, so I replaced my RunFlats tires on my Mini Cooper S. I now have standard tires on the car. Ride is MUCH softer. Road noise is down, comfort is UP! Definitely improves the experience of the car. 1 - 20 of 44 Posts Its mostly tire noise because you can hear the type and volume of the sound change significantly based on the road surface in addition to speed. I myself do get some vibration too, but I want to check my tire balance and try a different tire type before I make any alignment changes. I have Ventus currently may be caused by excessive rubber flashing in the . grooves between the treads from the tire manufacturing process. The thickness of the flashing will be between 0.5 mm to 2 mm 3/32) and run perpendicular to grooves in the tread pattern. The excessive flashing causes a slapping or beating noise above 72 Km/h (45 MPH)

At low speeds, especially in urban areas, engine and powertrain noise, caused largely by acceleration from a stop, is the dominant noise source. Above 30 mph, noise from the interaction of tires with the road surface plays the larger role. The most common noise produced by tires is tire pattern noise Road noise comes from three main design elements on your tires. One is the empty space between the treads, one is the treads themselves, and the other is the composition of the rubber on the tires. The compromises on winter tires each affect the road noise in a different way: Tread Spacing: Wide spaces between the treads on winter tires give. If mounted improperly, directional tires may also wear irregularly and prematurely, and produce excessive road noise. The opposite of a directional tire is a non-directional tire, which can rotate in either direction with equal performance, regardless of the road conditions As a result, all must be checked if excessive road noise is heard while the tires are in motion. Driving Conditions. The vehicle's performance and drive can affect the noise levels. The tire's acceleration, braking and turning, especially at high speeds, are a common cause of road noise Hi Guys, I am trying to locate the cause of my excessive road noise in the rear of my car. Whenever I get over 40-45 mph the noise becomes deafening. At first I thought it was just my snow tires causing the issue but this past weekend I changed them out and put my summers back on and the noise still persists. I tried the typical method of identifying a bad wheel bearing by sliding back and.

Wheel Bearing Noise

These indeed are causes that can create a humming noise but, more often than not, it is the tires. What causes a loud humming noise while driving? A bad wheel bearing sound is usually a loud hum coming from that wheel sort of like loud road noise from bad tires. A similar noise can come from worn bearings in your transmission or even a low. Look at the tread patterns. Avoid tires with excessive or aggressive cross grooves. Avoid any tire with tread blocks. Look at the tread pattern on front tires of large trucks. Simple patterns using circumferential grooves. The telltale of a tires quietness is how loud they are in rain. Should be a woosh opposed to a splash Behind the wheel, the symptoms of a cupped tire can be nearly identical to the symptoms of an out of balance wheel: Steering wheel judder and chassis feedback felt through the seat. Cupped tires also tend to create excessive road noise that becomes increasingly pronounced as speeds increase 2000 honda accord with 111000 miles. About 3000 or 4000 miles ago I was starting to get excessive road noise coming from the back axle area. I thought tires, but with the new set on there, the noise is..

solanokid. I have a 2018 OB Limited 2.5i, and while I'd give it an A for lack of wind noise, I'm not too happy with the amount of road noise coming up through the tires and suspension. Even the slightest roughness of an asphalt surface brings on an annoying amount of noise. Can't believe they couldn't dampen that noise on a $35,000 car When you then change the orientation / direction of travel, you get more road noise. .. Specifically, the angle at which the tread blocks touch, the pavement changes and so leads to uneven contact. This sudden change is what generates the unusual noise. Fortunately, this is not dangerous at all, and the tires noise after rotation will fade in. 2018 Volvo XC60. Oct 29, 2019. #1. I bought a new 2018 XC60 a year and a half ago in Michigan and now have 30,000 miles on it. Since new, it has had excessive road noise to the point where if you want to speak with a passenger, you need to turn the radio off because the radio needs to be so loud to hear it that you need to yell over it USA. Vehicle: 2011 Prius. Model: Two. My Goodyear Assurance P195/65R15 tires are getting noisy. They have about 38k on them and have at least 6/32 tread left. I keep them rotated every 5k and they are worn evenly, with no 'saw tooth' edges to make noise. I seem to get a lot of road noise with them, more so than I remember at first

NEW XTREME MT2 Radial Tire | ATV Illustrated

Tire sound getting louder I thinkwhat might cause it

It will have road noise. Different tires may lower the road noise by a tad but not $600-$800 worth. Spot padding in a couple of places my help a tad but you would need to wrap the interior like a cocoon to get a significant noise reduction. Thus my suggestion, learn to live with it. gator1939 Have already replaced the tires, but still have excessive road noise. Submitted: 9 years ago. Category: Honda. Show More. Show Less. Ask Your Own Honda Question. Share this conversation. Answered in 2 minutes by: 2/1/2012

The only published data I have seen is the Tire Rack user survey where it scored good for noise and comfort. In addition, I have read many professional evaluations and don't recall negative comments on tire/road noise. However, some of these tests were conducted with the 215/55R17 Hankook 426 tire (note that a 55 is naturally quieter than a 45) With many off-brands, there is inconsistency so you will find things like excessive road noise mixed in with excellent build and quality. Their support and warranty would come from where you purchased them not from Road Hugger itself. Simply because Road Hugger tires is not a stand-alone company but more of a brand that exists on. I installed new tires on my 2000 convertible this past summer and noticed quite an improvement in the ride as well as a slight reduction in road noise. In general, I don't find the road noise in my car loud or objectionable given that it is a sports car plus being a convertible. It does sound like you have some sort of problem A quick observation abut this tire and road noise. Our X5 has the acoustic glass option which noticeably reduces wind noise in the cabin, to the point that it really isn't noticeable at speeds up to 80+mph. As a result the tire noise is significantly more obvious and unfortunately quickly becomes annoying with these tires. At highway speeds of.

Replacing original tires with set rated for quietness would help. Road noise excessive on new Camry By Ray Magliozzi / Syndicated Columnist Saturday, October 25th, 2014 at 12:02am Wanted to get consensus on whether you hear a lot of road/tire noise from your hybrid at highway speeds. I know the hybrid has better sound deadening, liquid filled engine mounts, better windshield, etc and all those things to keep noise down. BUT I feel like I'm hearing a lot of road noise, not wind, at highway speeds and I wonder if it's the.

Wheel Bearing Noise VS

The noise is clearly tied to the speed at which the tires rotate and not the actually RPM's of the engine. The noise get worse when you veer left, and goes away when you veer right. I originally thought it was an issue of tire ware because the front end was out of alignment again. I replaced the front tire and had it aligned Road noise is our biggest complaint for our 2014 LX. When the original tires needed replacement recently at around 40,000 miles I did a bit of research and replaced them all with Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires in an attempt to reduce the road noise and thus far we have been very very happy with the results

Are Pirelli Tires Quiet Or Noisy? (Explained!

2019 1500 Limited with build date 10/20/2018. Excessive road noise which is most noticeable at highway speeds. The cabin noise on this truck is clearly louder than the 2019 truck I test drove and my own previous truck. Does anyone know how to test the active noise cancellation system.. Around 50 miles per hour or so, wind noise becomes excessive. It is a little bit better than windows opened. Around 65 milers per hour, the tire/road noise is so excessive that I can't hear the radio. In general, Japanese cars are noisier than domestics, but this is too much noise. I chose Toyota because it has relatively less engine issues Re: excessive road noise.2016 ls Im running Nitto NT555 G2s, and dont notice much road noise. Im not on stock rims, But dont know if that would make all the difference. Im on about 20,000 miles on these tires, and still got plenty of life left on them 2006 Honda CRV, excessive road noise in the back end on the highway. Tire pressure is normal. Tires have 90,000 kms, still good tread not down to the wear bars yet. Started to notice it a few weeks ago. When I look at the back end of the vehicle I noticed the back wheels are sort of aligned like this: / \ i.e. Wheels seem to be slightly toed out

Loud Tire Noise at Highway Speeds Soundproof Gur

Our XLE came with Bridgestone Ecopia 19 tires, which are rated dead last in this size category due to excessive road noise, dismal snow, and wet weather traction. I replaced them with Continental TrueContact Tour tires. We immediately noticed no road noise, significantly better ride quality, good wet weather traction and pretty good in the snow Excessive road noise. The amount of road noise (tire / road sound) that I get in my 2ss Camaro is excessive and very annoying. Has anyone done anything to there car to reduce this noise? Thanks, Bill 06-05-2011, 11:06 PM #2: Sevn86 Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM.

2021 Genesis GV80 First Drive Review: The Real BeginningTire Test: Maxxis RAZR MT

In addition to off-road performance, Recon Grappler A/T tires are also designed to reduce excessive road noise. It provides truly a great balance of performance and comfort, Ngo said I have never heard (or experienced) excessive road noise on any of them even with all terrain truck tires installed (which also make pretty good snow tires). My mom just bought a forester which is also a great car, but my experience with Subaru in general are they are not quite as well made as Hondas but are better in the snow and on dirt roads Interstate Tire Company is an authorized dealer of Michelin, Hercules, Yokohama, BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Cooper and McLaren tires and tracks. Your tires are the only thing between your vehicle and the road. Low or uneven tire tread can cause a number of issues, including pulling, vibration, excessive road noise and increased stopping distance